The full specifications of the Polar Vantage V – A premium multisport GPS fitness smartwatch with a sophisticated aesthetics, and loaded with lots of fitness tracking features for a comprehensive fitness tracking, in addition to a number of interesting specific fitness features designed for pro athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
The Vantage V also features a decent battery life that lets you go long on a single charge, while also being enclosed in a solid build that’s durable.
Polar Vantage V Full Specifications
WHERE TO BUY
|Device name||Polar Vantage V|
|Device type||Fitness/Sport smartwatch|
|Successor||Polar Vantage V Titan|
|Released date||September, 2018|
|Display type||IPS TFT LCD|
|Display size||1.2 inches|
|Screen resolution||240 x 240 pixels|
|Input type||Touchscreen plus
5 physical buttons
|Dimension||46 x 46 x 13 mm|
|Casing material||Stainless steel/
Glass fiber reinforced polymer back
|Bezel Material||Stainless steel|
|Screen protection||Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3|
|Water resistant||Yes, 3ATM|
|Color(s)||Black, orange, white|
|Memory card slot||No|
|Bluetooth||Yes, Bluetooth v4.2|
|Facebook, third-party apps||Yes|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes|
|Heart rate monitor (HRM)||Yes|
|Operating system (OS)||Proprietary OS|
|Type of battery||Non-removable Li-polymer|
|Battery life||GPS and wrist-based heart rate: 40 hrs
Watch mode with heart rate: Up to 7 days
|Charging||USB charging cable|
|Charging time||About 2 hours|
|Compatibility||Android and iOS|
|Companion app||Polar Flow app|
|Customizable watch face||Yes|
|Polar Vantage V
Polar Vantage V + H10
|USB charging cable|
|Report an error|
The Vantage V comes in a stainless steel case with glass fiber-reinforced polymer back and a stainless bezel that leaves it with a classic appearance which no doubt makes the Vantage V a perfect fit for the gym and at the office.
It features a very bright transflective LCD display that’s quite interactive and easy to read outdoors, while Corning Gorilla glass mans the screen for protection and ensures it can survive some harder knocks.
The Vantage V supports touchscreen, while also featuring 5 additional physical buttons by the side that makes navigating the 1.2 inch display easy.
Although quite heavy at 66 grams, the Vantage V comes with a TPE strap that’s comfortable to wear, but not interchangeable.
You can get the Vantage V in black, white or orange color.
Impressive Battery Life
The Vantage V comes with a 320mAh battery capacity that lets you go long on a single charge. With smartwatch mode, it’s about a week of battery life, while in training with GPS active, you should expect about a day or more of battery life.
That’s quite impressive, and a great choice for hikers and anyone engaging in long hours of activities.
The Vantage V is rated 3ATM which means it’s water resistant up to 3 meters, as such it’s swim-proof and safe to wear to the pool or perhaps the ocean. In addition, the Vantage V features an interesting swim tracking features that no doubt makes it a great choice for swimmer and pro swimmers alike who like to monitor that swimming activities.
The Vantage V being fitness focused comes with an accelerometer, heart rate sensor, barometric altimeter plus inbuilt GPS that ensures it can track quite a number of activities.
The Vantage V can track your sleep, calories, steps, pace, routes, distance, swimming activities, while also featuring over 100 sport modes to choose from your preferred workout modes.
In addition, the Vantage V offers a number of specific fitness tracking features that will help you manage your fitness goals efficiently. These include;
- The Recovery Pro: helps you see how well your body has recovered from previous workouts , and whether you’re ready for more. This feature is similar to the body energy battery of the Garmin Forerunner 245.
- Running Power: Helps measure the external load of your running sessions on your muscle, thus giving you a comprehensive insight onto the intensity of your running sessions.
- Sleep Plus: helps in boosting your recovery performance by automatically detecting the timing, amount, and quality of your sleep.
- Training Load Pro: Quantifies the strain from each training session, and helps you see how your training strains the different part of your body, thereby increases your productivity ensuring you achieve more, but don’t break down.
- Running Index: is an estimation of your maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) in running – a score that helps you see how efficient your running training is, and how you can improve your maximal aerobic running performance
- Running Program: a personal and adaptive training plan that is based on your individual metrics. It adapts along the way, learning about you from your workout data.
- Swim Metrics: The Vantage V detects your heart rate, swimming style, distance, pace, and resting time, giving you a comprehensive insight into your swimming activities.
The Vantage V is also equipped to ensure you never get to miss important updates that matter to you. With Bluetooth smart onboard and compatible with both Android and iOS devices, the Vantage V will inform you when there is a new notification on your phone.