Last updated on March 23rd, 2020 at 06:43 pm
Garmin Vivoactive 4S Full Specifications – Garmin has announced the Vivoactive 4/4S alongside the Venu. These new sets of smartwatches are the successors to the quite popular Vivoactive 3, 3 music and LTE version. I would like to say that, as we’d expected, the Vivoactive 4 and Venu are more attractive and classier smartwatches than its predecessor.
The new Vivoactive 4 and Venu welcome additional activity tracking features that include hydration tracking, wrist-based heart rate tracking while swimming, pulse ox sensor, body battery energy monitor and incidental fall detection introduced to higher and newer models are all present.
The Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu come with longer battery life that will see each of these go about a week on a single charge.
Garmin Vivoactive 4S Full Specifications
|Garmin Vivoactive 4S|
WHERE TO BUY
|Device name||Garmin Vivoactive 4S|
|Device type||Sport/Fitness smartwatch|
|Predessesor||Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music|
|Released date||September, 2019|
|Display type||Transflective memory-in-display (MIP)|
|Display size||1.1 inch|
|Display resolution||218 x 218 pixels|
|Input type||Touchscreen plus 2 physical button|
|Dimension||40.0 x 40.0 x 12.7 mm|
|Casing material||Fiber-reinforced polymer with polymer rear cover|
|Bezel Material||Stainless steel|
|Screen protection||Corning Gorilla glass 3|
|Water resistant/Protection||Yes, 5ATM|
|Memory card slot||No|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth smart, ANT+|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes|
|Menstrual cycle tracking||Yes|
|Under-water heart rate tracking||Yes|
|On-screen workout modes||Yes|
|Preloaded sport modes||Yes|
|Heart rate monitor (HRM)||Yes|
|Operating system (OS)||Proprietary OS|
|Type of battery||Non-removable Li-ion battery|
|Battery life||Smartwatch mode: Up to 7 days
GPS mode with music: Up to 5 hours
|Charging type||USB charging cable|
|Charging time||About 1-2 hours|
|Battery saver mode||Yes|
|Payment system||Garmin pay|
|Compatibility||Android and iOS
Check if your device is compatible
|Companion app||Garmin connect IQ store|
|Customizable watch face||Yes|
|Interchangeable band||Yes, 18mm|
|Garmin Vivoactive 4S|
|USB charging cable|
|Quick start guide|
|NOTE: We can't guarantee that all the information on this table are 100% correct. Read full disclaimer. Please, report an error.|
Garmin Vivoactive 4S Features
- Premium Design
- Water Resistance Rating
- Longer Battery Life
- Activity/Fitness Tracking
- Steps, calories, fitness age, sleep monitoring, and all day stress tracking.
- Available indoor gym activities include; indoor rowing, strength training and cardio training.
- Training and planning features include training load, training effect, and activity history on the watch.
- Running features include running, treadmill running, and trail running.
- Heart rate sensor tracks your heart rate variability to give you insight on your heart rate zones, max heart rate and recovery time to help you manage the intensity of your training so that you can achieve more fitness goals without breaking down.
- Outdoor recreational features include hiking, climbing, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, xc skiing, stand up paddleboarding, rowing, and jumpmaster. And cycling features such as biking, indoor biking, mountain biking, triathlon.
- Loads of golfing features are also available.
- In-depth swim tracking features including stroke detection and SWOLF. Including the newly added wrist-based heart rate tracking while swimming which enables you to manage your swimming intensity effortlessly. Thereby making these three great choices for Pro swimmers and enthusiasts alike.
- Just like the Vivoactive 3, you can log your period with the Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu enabling you to monitor and track changes in menstrual cycle which can help you understand yourself better.
- The incident fall detection feature introduced to the new Forerunner series is also available on the Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu which can help you get the needed assistance when a fall happens, it sends your location to preset emergency contact.
- The Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu come with pulse ox sensor which serves two functions; A. for altitude acclimation, where it can help you know when it’s not safe to continue climbing and B. sleep monitoring to help you see the quality of your sleep. The Pulse ox sensor achieves these functions by monitoring how well your body absorbs oxygen.
- The Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu feature the body battery energy monitor that uses data from heart rate variability, stress, sleep, and other data to gauge when you’re ready to be active or when you may need to rest, ensuring you get to train at the appropriate time, so that you train and achieve more without breaking down.
- The Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu feature hydration tracking which is important for your well-being. It lets you log your daily water intake to help you stay hydrated and see how consistent you are from day to day.
- The Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu feature respiration tracking which lets you see how you’re breathing throughout the day, during sleep and during breathwork and yoga activities.
- Garmin added animated workout modes to the Vivoactive 4, 4S and Venu that coach you through some of your favorite workout modes. The Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu feature easy-to-follow, animated cardio, strength, yoga and Pilates workouts you can view on the watch screen. Choose from preloaded animated workouts, or download more from Garmin Connect online community. So, you don’t really need to watch videos, it saves you money, yet very effective.
- Each of this three has 20 preloaded workout modes.
Garmin redesigned the Vivoactive 4/4S with more durable materials that still leaves these two with a lightweight design that’s comfortable to wear all day long, and also very attractive and classy. Both the 4 and 4S are slimmer and sleeker than the Vivoactive 3 which adds to the attractive appearance of these two. The Vivoactive 4 has a bigger 1.3 inch display which is bigger than the Vivoactive 3’s 1.2 inches, so you get to see more at a glance on the new watch. Although, the 4S has a quite smaller 1.1-inch display.
Corning Gorilla Glass has been used on the screen which makes the Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu durable smartwatches that should withstand accidental knocks.
Garmin’s transflective memory-in-display (MIP) powers the display on the Vivoactive 4/4S while AMOLED powers the display of the Venu. The transflective LCD display is easier to read outdoors and consumes less battery life than AMOLED which reflects accordingly in the respective battery life of these three. Although, the AMOLED display offers a more interactive and lively display that’s more fulfilling to watch. That’s to say, the Vivoactive 4/4S will make better choices for outdoor activities than the Venu which will be best for indoor activities.
Garmin has used reinforced polymer fiber for the case of the 4/4S and Venu which contributes significantly to the lightweight design of these watches. While the respective straps are made of silicone that’s comfortable to wear. And the bezel is made of high quality stainless steel that leaves a classic appearance. The straps are interchangeable with 22mm for the 4, 18 for the 4S and 20mm for the Venu.
The Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu are all touchscreen with two additional buttons by the side to make navigation easy.
The Garmin Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu all have about 4GB storage capacity that lets you take over 500 of your favorite tracks with you on the go. You can listen to your favorite tracks via a Bluetooth enabled earbud.
The Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu are all rated 5ATM which means water resistance up to 50 meters. As such, each of these three is swim-proof. Garmin also added the swimming wrist-base heart rate tracking that was introduced to the newly released Fenix 6 series. This makes each of these three great choices for pro swimmers and enthusiasts alike who like to track their activities in the water.
Battery life has also been improved with the Vivoactive 4 lasting more than a week on regular usage. The Vivoactvie 4/4S and Venu all have impressive battery life that’ll keep you going for days. These makes each of these three great choices for fitness enthusiasts who’re involved in extreme workout activities.
However, the Venu with AMOLED powering its display has the lowest battery life – that’s the price to pay for that more interactive and lively display. The Venu with 5 days long battery life is shorter than the Vivoactive 4S with week-long battery life and even shorter than the Vivoactive 4 with over a week battery life on smartwatch mode.
Just like the Vivoactive 3, the Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu are all well equipped with a handful of sensors that enables each of these three to comprehensively track your active life. New activity tracking features have been added, like respiration tracking, hydration tracking to help you stay hydrated, body battery energy monitor and pulse ox sensor that tracks how well your body utilizes oxygen. Also new is the animated workout mode that coaches you through your favorite workout modes.
Below are some of the fitness tracking features that are present in the Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu.
Each of the Vivoactive 4/4S and Venu is well equipped to keep you connected to all that matters to you. Each of these is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. Upon successful connection, you’ll get alerted when there’s a new notification on your phone so that you don’t miss important updates that matter to you.
You don’t need to bring out your phone all the time to check notifications, you simply catch a glance on the bright and easy to read display. You can also reply to text messages, but this feature is only supported on Android devices.
NFC is also onboard on each of these three which supports Garmin Pay – a non-contactless payment system that lets you make payment directly from any of these three. This feature isn’t available in all countries of the world.